|Posted on February 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
1. Thou shalt set aside time to write every day.
2. Thou shalt set a daily word count goal and stick to it.
3. Thou shalt follow the path of the Hero's Journey.
4. Thou shalt create memorable characters.
5. Thou shalt retain a unique voice.
6. Thou shalt capture readers from the start and hold them captive until The End.
7. Thou shalt "write tight" and endeavor to improve the craft of writing with every book.
8. Thou shalt remain thick-skinned through the editing process and refer to commandment #7 when in doubt.
9. Thou shalt put only God and family before writing. Make writing a priority.
10. Thou shalt do unto fellow authors as you would have them do unto you.